Restaurant Orsay’s – Annual 4th of July BBQ 7/4/14
I have been wanting to attend this BBQ for awhile now. I saw it pop up on Facebook and I knew it was time. When you check-in at the front they give you an envelope. I opened it and it was a $25 gift certificate! Hell yeah! I pretty much got to attend the BBQ for $5! I thought they were just handing these out to everyone but I found out later from Caron that it’s like a raffle and you can win from $5-$100. My friend Fernando got a $10 and his wife got a $50 one! LUCKY! This event was awesome! The live band sent the tone. There was a petting zoo, plenty of freebies on each table, cornhole, a custom T-shirt booth, bouncehouse, and course FOOD! The Slow Smoked Pork Shoulder Sandwiches and the Mini Grass-Fed Burgers were delicious. The star of the show was the sweets of course. Those Apple-Pie Empanadas and the Red Velvet Cupcakes were the TRUTH! I was talking to the Exec Pastry Chef: Michael Bump. I asked him when are you going to put the popcorn ice cream dessert back on the menu? He said: you know what, where are you sitting? I might have a lil surprise for you. I just finished telling my friend Leah how unique and mthafkin delicious this concoction is! Of course it blew her mind and tickled my fancy. Mr. Bump told me that soon, the beloved Popcorn ice cream will be sold at the Riverside Arts Market. Put me down for pre-orders! My friend Daniel hooked me up with one of those awesome Employee Orsay BBQ shirts too. Thank you! This event is a can’t miss, see you next year. Oh yeah, I forgot about the Texas Watermelon Punch…. good lawd where can I buy that? I had two cups of that love punch!
Tickets include all you can eat food:
* Popcorn with melted foie gras & truffle oil powder
* Slow smoked pork shoulder with fresh spoonbread & jalapeno butter
* Mini grass-fed beef burgers with potato salad & house-made sweet pickles
* Charred corn and lobster hushpuppies with spicy remoulade
* Jon Boat ale poached hot dogs with cubanelle pepper chow chow
* House-made cupcakes, apple pie empanadas, & mini ice cream cones
Plus a petting zoo, a bounce house for the kids, and a lot more!
* Intuition Ale Works will be back again
* Sponsored by Tito’s Handcrafted Vodka
* In support of Riverside Avondale Preservation